top of page
  • Facebook
Home Banner Photo.jpeg

Serving God with Energy, Intelligence, Imagination, and Love

The Presbytery of Northern New England (PNNE) is a mid-council of the Presbyterian Church (USA).  PNNE consists of all the ministers and churches in New Hampshire, Maine, most of Vermont and northeastern Massachusetts.  A formal description of the PNNE boundaries is found in the PNNE Bylaws, Article I.C.

At the end of 2021, 28 PNNE member congregations and one fellowship reported 2,259 members.  More PNNE statistics are available on the PCUSA statistics page for PNNE.  You can view a list of our churches on our CHURCHES page.  A significant strength lies in our approximately 115 active and retired Ministers of Word and Sacrament.  The PNNE is one of the 19 presbyteries in the Synod of the Northeast.

PCUSA Mid-Council Relations

Upcoming Events

  • Mid Council Leader Orientation Spring 2024, March 19–20, Louisville

  • Mid Council Leader Orientation Fall 2024, September 17–18, Louisville

  • Moderators’ Conference 2024, November 14–16, Louisville


Matthew 25 Summit

Jan. 16–18, 2024, Atlanta

Join us at the Matthew 25 Summit as we explore this vision together!  What does it mean to eradicate poverty; how can we begin dismantling systemic racism; how will we know if we are building a vital congregation?  We are offering you an invitation to innovation.  A chance to dialogue, learn with and grow with others in exploration at this first-of-its-kind event!  Featuring innovative speakers, thriving ministries, transformative workshops and space to imagine what’s next!

Join the Presbyterian Peacemaking Program on March 4–15, 2024, to experience the region of
encounter its diverse people, explore its rich history and complex current situation and engage with those who seek its peace.  Apply online through Oct. 20, 2023.


PCUSA General Assembly 226 (2024)

April 16 - July 4, 2024, Salt Lake City, UT

  • April 16–26  2-Hour Introductory Committee Gathering to be scheduled by Committee members.  Committee Leadership will schedule this gathering in early April and let you know when to be available.

  • June 10–14  2-Hour Second Committee Gathering to be scheduled by Committee members

  • June 25–27  Hold these dates for Online Committee Meeting Participation

  • June 28  Travel Date for Young Adult Advisory Delegates (YAADs) and anyone needing longer travel times 

  • June 29  Travel Date and Evening Welcome Reception

  • June 30–July 4  Plenary Sessions in Salt Lake City, Utah


Ongoing Care for Ukraine


Composer and conductor John Rutter writes: "‘How can a composer respond to a global tragedy? By writing music is the most obvious thing. Like everybody, I’ve been shocked and dismayed by the events of recent days, and the first thing I wanted to do was write some music that would respond in my own way." Thus was born this new setting of A Ukrainian Prayer —


Боже, Україну храни

Дай нам силу, вірі, й надії

Отче наш, Отче наш


A literal translation of the text is:

Good Lord, protect Ukraine.

Give her strength, courage, faith, hope. Amen.

Read more from Rutter.  The score is available for free by submitting this form.  You are welcome to duplicate the score for the sole use of your own choir.  You may like to make a donation to a Ukrainian relief charity, perhaps equivalent to the approximate cost of the copies had you purchased them.  If you wish, you are free to make an audio or video recording of the piece without a special license to do so.

For every contribution to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, 17% of designated gifts are allocated for PCUSA operational services, and the remaining 83% goes directly to the emergency response, in this case to organizations working directly with those fleeing Ukraine.  Gifts can be made online, by calling (800) 872-3283, by texting PDAUKR to 41444, or by check made payable to Presbyterian Church U.S.A. with "DR000156-Ukraine" on the memo line.

Mail to: Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), P.O. Box 643700, Pittsburgh, PA 15264.

The church is to be a community of faith, entrusting itself to God alone, even at the risk of losing its life.

The Book of Order

bottom of page